Literature is a significant literary product of a society. The study of English literature offers insights into the worldviews of diverse societies. The Department of English at St. Joseph’s Evening College concentrates on providing an overview of Literature from aesthetic, linguistic, socio-political and cultural contexts. The curriculum for PG programme develops the rich talents of students, offers near industry environment and is contemporarily relevant, connecting to every aspect of society.
1. The programme optimisms to prepare students for the challenges of a teaching career through teaching assistantships that afford practical experience in lecture preparation, material production and testing practices.
2. In keeping with the growing interest in literature and media studies, most of the papers redefine ‘text’ by introducing non-conventional texts and areas of study.
3. Gain in-depth knowledge of the vast English Literature.
4. Follow a professional way of learning the language.
Eligibility criteria for the courses
Completion of X Std., XII Std. and 3 years Degree course
3 years Degree course has to be from a UGC recognized University/ College with overall scoring of 50%.
Documents to be submitted along with the applications:
1) X Standard marks card (2 sets)
2) XII PUC marks card (2 sets)
3) All the U.G. marks cards (2 sets)
4) Provisional Degree certificate or Degree certificate (2 sets)
(However, students who are waiting for Final Year Results can submit their Provisional / Degree Certificates to office on or before 15 August.
Failing to do so the admission will be cancelled without intimation and Fees will not be refunded).
© 2019 : St. Joseph's Evening College : all rights reserved INTEGRO