Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication
In this age of information, communication is a vital force that is linked to many aspects of the functioning of the world as we know it. The academic discipline of communication is vast and includes areas such as print journalism, broadcast journalism, communication studies, new media, advertising, public relations, film studies, video production, media culture studies, development communication, environmental communication, and media research, among others. It involves the study of human communication and behavioural traits, different aspects of media and their impact on people, communication of culture, and the role of communication in development.
The two year post-graduate programme in Journalism and Mass Communication aims at exposing students to various facets of media and mass communication.
The course will allow the student to hone essential skills of communication and mass communication to face this challenging world with confidence. The practical components will ensure skill based training related to all elements of media. The theoretical components will lead to formation and transformation of students into empowered, active human beings with a critical mind and compassionate heart towards life, and develop a spirit of enquiry.
Upon graduating, students will be transformed such that they become responsible and ethical human beings with an attitude of service to society through effective communication.
1. Completion of 10th and 12th Standard.
2. Completion of a three year undergraduate degree programme, with an overall percentage of 50%.
Documents Required for Admission
1. SSLC or 10th Standard, or its equivalent, marks card (Original and 2 photocopies).
2. PUC or 10+2 marks card (Original and two photocopies).
3. UG marks cards for all semesters (Original and two photocopies).
4. Provisional degree certificate* or degree certificate (Original and two photocopies)
5. Transfer Certificate (Original).
6. Migration certificate for the students coming from outside Karnataka and CBSE/ICSE students (Original).
7. 6 Passport size and 2 stamp size colour photographs.
Students who have not yet received their degree certificate may submit their provisional degree certificate on or before August 15th. Students are expected to submit their degree certificate when it is released by the University.
© 2019 : St. Joseph's Evening College : all rights reserved INTEGRO